Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the only differance from the 96-98 headers is a different location of the bung for the egr tube connection. Has anybody run an air filter on the egr and plug the bung!

·
Registered
288 Posts
You dont run a breather filter on the EGR delete. You plug the bung and make a block-off plate for the EGR valve on the intake manifold.

That said, I dont know if the exhaust ports are the same on the 96-98s and 99+:confused: If they are, it will work fine w/ the EGR delete;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
99 and 01 Headers don't have the fittings at the front of the headers for the metal tube to connect to, which I believe goes to your air pump. The only fitting my 01 has is on the driverside header that the EGR screws into and goes up to the intake. When I compared the actual headers to my brothers 97 longtubes on his Cobra engine they looked like other than the fittings being different that they would bolt right up. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I believe the ports are the same as +99, Hooker headers are universal. Arent they oval shaped. I will be installin the headers in about a month, I need a dependable clutch in their first!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts