Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some vert doors on a 90 GT in real nice shape. My doors are banged up and were mangled up inside by the previous owner. I know the doors will fit, but will the window roll up all the way and conform to the body?

·
Registered
904 Posts
The doors will work. The glass might be different. I replaced my doors on an 88 Vert with doors from a T-top. I thought they were from a vert when I bought them. When I got them home and looked them over, I noticed there were no switches to roll down the rear windows and the glass was cut a little different in the front upper corner. I switched the wire harnesses from my old doors to the new doors. I still have to switch the door glass in also. Since I had an 88 with sail type mirrors (hatchback style), the door glass was different from the vert doors with pedastal mirrors. Turned out to be a real PITA. Let me know if this is making any sense.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was mainly concerned about the glass in the front upper corner like you mentioned. Everything else looks ok. I don't know if it will seal up right. Thanks for the info. How did the windows from the T-top doors seal up on your vert?

·
Registered
904 Posts
After spending a weekend adjusting the doors/glass, I am stuck with a small gap that I can stick a finger through in the front upper corner, where the glass meets the front pillar and the conv. top. The T glass is round at that spot, where the vert glass is more of an angle. I held paper on the glass and traced the 2 window edges to compare them, vert glass is definately angled and not round in that corner. T glass is definately round. One weekend, I will switch and readjust everything. Not looking forward to it at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts