Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a used set of ET streets, the seller has both 26X10.5X15 and 26X11.5X15 sizes. The 11.5 wide ones are in a little better condition. Will these fit OK on a V6 15" wheel? Anyone running either of these sizes, and if so what type of wheel are you running? I'm worried about the 11.5" not fitting under the wheel wells with the V6 wheel, not so much the width of the wheel. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yep, they fit. I used to run a 28-11.50-15 on a V6 wheel. It looks awkward but it works. The tires did rub a little, but only after turning onto the return road after making a pass at the track. Any other time was fine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
thats what size i ran when we went to the track with your dad i think they looked great on my car only i used weld xp's i can't wait to put them back on this spring sometime:joy:

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Dave95GT said:
Yep, they fit. I used to run a 28-11.50-15 on a V6 wheel.
Yes but keep in mind that the 26x11.50 is considerably wider than the 28" tall version. I've had both sizes and there is a huge width difference. My old 26x11.50's had a nice fit on a wider 8.5" rim, the near 10" tread with on, what a 7-7.5" wheel, isn't optimum although some do get it to work. The 28x11.50's don't even measure 9" in tread width on my 9" rims. For the narrower rim the 10.50's would be the better fit, to me at least.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you look at the width's the 26x11.5 ET street is the same as the 26x10.5 ET drag that I run. I have them on a set of aluminum ranger wheels that are the same size as the V6 wheels and the clear just fine on my car. I have decided to run 26x11.5x16 ET streets on a set of stock 16in wheels this year to make it look like I am turning 1.6 60ft times on stock tires. And it will make for some fun on the street as well.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
just wondering if you have any pics of the car with the ranger wheels. if so can you post thm or send them to [email protected]

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well they are actually off a wrecked 94 Explorer sport and they are the aluminum 10hole style of wheels. I just use them at the track with the slicks on the back and don't really have a good picture of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts