Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping my brother switch over some engine parts on his son's 93 5.0. He had an 89 that was involved in an accident and we are trying to transfer some of the performance parts to the 93 GT.. He has a Cobra intake upper and lower with 24# injectors.. Can we use the 24# injectors with the Cobra intake on the stock 93 5.0 motor or do we need to get the E 303 cam out of the engine also..

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
774 Posts
You can use the 24 pound injectors on the 93 motor, as long as the Mass Air meter being used is also calibrated for the 24 pound injectors.

The intake and cam should work fine too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just get an adjustable FP regulator and just bump the FP down a few pounds.

·
Registered
35,590 Posts
The injectors must be matched to the calibration of the maf. If you turn down the Fuel Pressure so they're working like the stock injectors did and use the 24's, you'll have no extra capacity over the 19's-- which is the only reason to use the larger injectors in the first place. Your stock motor with the manifold and cam won't need more fuel than the 19's will provide -- no need to go to the 24's. Lastly, the stock engine with just the intake and E cam and no other changes will probably run worse overall than the stock engine. The heads are the bottleneck. You might gain marginal HP on top, but that cam with the rest of the engine stock will be really soft on the bottom and midrange. I'd wait til I got my heads - and do the cam and heads together. Personally the 10 or so HP the cam will produce compared to the stock cam (with heads, manifold, exhaust, etc.) isn't worth the idle and low speed power loss in my mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts