Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious is the AFS 03 cobra 18x10.5" will clear the IRS on a 99 cobra assuming one goes with 295 -315 wide tires

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
From what I understand, the interfeerence is only at full suspension droop. Some people grind the offending bolt down for clearance and others have used a 1/4" or so hubcentric spacer for clearance. They look bad-ass on the edge cars:

This is a post over at SVT performance where a guy is selling thew spacers and another guy is looking to get into manufacturing them:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=74143&goto=newpost

I have the same wheels on my '95 GT 'vert.

Shawn

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so these wheels will not fit outright? u have to use spacers to clear the bolt? pretty dissappointing

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
stanger maniac said:
so these wheels will not fit outright? u have to use spacers to clear the bolt? pretty dissappointing
Do some lurking or eve neask over at svtperformance.com, I bet you'll turn up a first hand answer in no time.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
18x10.5 AFS '03s with 295/35/18s on my '01 Cobra. Lowered with Eibach Pro-kit (front springs cut 1/2 coil). No IRS bolt interference. Looks amazing and endless compliments. Only thing I'd change is that I'd use a larger rear tire (315/30 BFG or 305/35 Nitto). Go for it. Later, James

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BIMINIlx
thanks for the input. i have a similar setup to yours and that was the answer i was looking for. can u send me pics of ur car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts