Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just with the stock cam will they work? anyone try it?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im sure someone knows someone who bolted a set on an 86 engine to see what would happen :D hehe

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i'm not sure... I would check the clearances P/ V with those 1.84x1.54 valves in the GT40 Heads

·
Registered
481 Posts
i know there are alot of guys that say they have put e7's on with stock cam and no problems. and i have heard of guys that have put e7's on and have had pv clearance problems. if the gt40 are designed like the e7's(are far as valve placement ane size) you might have problems. just go with the twisted wedges. and then put a 347 under that. then top it off with an s-trim.:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I couldn't get E7s to fit on a friend's '86 with flat tops (even with the stock cam), so I doubt GT-40s with larger valves are going to work. A B303 cam was OK with the stock E6s, though.

Rent the Isky valve relief cutting tool and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
508 Posts
MM&FF said a while back that you could as long as they are the GT40 iron's!!! good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive got e7s - and they have been milled a little to clean them up- had GT40 irons to put on but sold them - as they say what works on one wont always work on another. just check p to v before install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts