Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I noticed a wierd noise coming from the front left side of my car, and it sounds like its coming from the wheel area. I thought maybe its the brakes but I haven't heard this type of noise before. Its a clicking,ticking noise and it only makes it when the car is moving above 10mph. The noise doesn't change if I apply the brakes. But it does get faster as the car starts moving faster.
Any ideas???

Thank!
-Eddie B
2000 S281/SC #904
MAC CAI, Subframe connectors, Bassani X-pipe, Chicane 10psi pulley.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,411 Posts
Have you checked to see if there is a nail or something stuck in your tire?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just had a friend watch as I slowly pulled forward. NO nail or anything-so I took a couple turns around the parking lot-looks like it doesnt make noise during a turn. My friend also says it sounds like it only make the noise one time per rotation of the tire. But it doesnt seem to be the brakes.
Any other ideas?
-Eddie B.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Road speed or engine speed?

Ed

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Eddie,

Did your car come equipped with ABS? If so, check to make sure the sensor has not come loose. I had this problem on my 96 GT. The ABS sensor had come loose and was hitting the ABS sensor wheel, making a ticking noise. I just tightened it back up and noise went away.

·
340 Posts
There's a little "splash guard" or something just behind the rotors... my front passenger side one started making noises. A rivot had broke loose. Ford fixed it with no problem... That may be your problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the suggestions -I will try to take the tire off tonight and check it out. I will let you know what I find tomorrow!
-Eddie B.

·
Registered
33 Posts
check for rocks as well. I have 275 width tires and always get little pebbles caught in the tread. They eventually spin off. I hope everything's ok.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Noise

I have a 00 gt and had a clicking coming from the left ftont as well, but I only noticed it at low speeds, mostly when turning left. I had the dealer replace the stearing rack under warenty and it went away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well as it turns out, the wheels are saleen wheels and a week ago I received a recall notice saying that Saleen had recalled a specific set of wheels(mine is included). I drove the car to work yesterday and the noise got really bad-I got out and looked at the front wheel trying to figure out what the hell was making the noise. 3 of the 5 spokes have a crack all the way through them. I am surprised the wheel did separate from the car.
Jeez!!!!!
Thanks for all the help!
-Eddie B.
2000 S281/SC

·
Registered
143 Posts
HOLY ****!!! Man that really sucks!!!

-Clinton

1 - 16 of 16 Posts