Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've got a question to those that are running the 315's. I'm about to throw these on my fox: 1994-04 Mustang Black Deep Dish Fr500 Wheel & Nitto Tire Kit - 17X9/10.5 at LRS - Free Shipping!

They come with Nitto 315/35/17 on the rear. My car is a '93 GT, stock height.

I've got a fender roller and plan to roll my fenders soon. What do you mean "rolled the outers" "BFH the inners"? I'm pretty sure I get what BFH is, but what are you having to beat with it? lol :leghump: Will the fender roller not do all the work that is needed to run these tires? Is there a faq or video showing what needs done?

How about the front? Any clearance issues? i'll be running 275/40/17 up front of course.
275 is WAY to wide for the front of a fox, I wouldn't go wider than a 255 at most, that's whats on my car in the front and it rubs on hard bumps and with larger passengers but my car is also LOW.

here is an ass shot of my car though with the 315/35/16 NT555R on a 10.5" CCW wheel. Fox length axles and backspacing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Trying to fit 275/45/17 on back of my notch now, rubbing exhaust? think spacers will fix it or should i just redo exhaust? any opinions appreciated

and there was evidence of both sides rubbing with just the 245/45 on there...took quads off also

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
bump more info pls..whats bfh? spacers? im going with a 10.5 wheel so i also want to know exactly what i need..Im going to upgrade the suspension from a 94/95 stang. lmk what i would need ty

·
Registered
35 Posts
got mine installed...255/40-17's in the front and 315/35-17's in the back. lowering it this weekend. excuse the paint, she's a project about 1/3 finished...paint will be last

·
Registered
881 Posts
275 is WAY to wide for the front of a fox, I wouldn't go wider than a 255 at most, that's whats on my car in the front and it rubs on hard bumps and with larger passengers but my car is also LOW.
275s are NOT way too wide for a fox. I know of 8 cars local to me that have been running them for years. All are open track/street cars, but it does require work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
well what the heck do the notch guys do with the tailpipes rubbing? get the 3' flowmaster pipes? would that make me lose low end power? or just do dumps?

·
Registered
40 Posts
@lilred, thanks man, i will look around and report back. my quads were flipped and it wasn't even close. and there was evidence of previous rubbing with the 245/45/17

·
Registered
96 Posts
anytime..yeah Ive seen some peeps even removing the quads and adding upper and lower control arms..that gives you more clearance

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ok so how wide of a wheel/tire could you go with out having to worry about rolling wheel well? Removing quads is fine but I don't want to roll fenders

·
Premium Member
4,497 Posts
Glad you brought this back, I've got stock 16" pony wheels and need the biggest tire I can fit on them exhaust is dumped, and rear coil over looks like the quads gotta go before I run the car.

also interested in the biggest front tire, and I've got manual steering on my 88

·
Registered
1 Posts
92 mustang

will a 255/60/15 mickey Thompson et street ss fit on a fox body mustang with a 15"x8" weld wheel with a 4.5 back spacing with out an modifications any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
will a 255/60/15 mickey Thompson et street ss fit on a fox body mustang with a 15"x8" weld wheel with a 4.5 back spacing with out an modifications any help will be appreciated.
Probably not. I ran a 255/60/15 15x8 with a 4.5" b.s, my axle had been narrowed 1" per side. You probably would want a 5.5" backspacing. Later on I ran 27X11.5X15 Hoosiers with ease. hopefully 3yrs after your post you've got if figured out.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts