Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Depends on how much work you're willing to do to get the tire to fit..
I have a 315/35/17 Nitto NT555R on a 10.5" wheel on my fox, rolled the outter lip and beat the inner fender and used a small spacer, but the Nitto is also the narrowest 315 made, still looks good though IMO.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Depends on how much work you're willing to do to get the tire to fit..
I have a 315/35/17 Nitto NT555R on a 10.5" wheel on my fox, rolled the outter lip and beat the inner fender and used a small spacer, but the Nitto is also the narrowest 315 made, still looks good though IMO.
what is the actual outside to outside measurement on those tires?

i have 275-50-15 mt drag radials and they barely fit, 1/2" on inside to inner fender and 1/4" outside rear fenders.my tires measure 11" wide using 2 straight edges. mine are also on 10" drag lites

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
I only run 275-40-17 on both my street and drag tires but could have went wider with the right offset of the wheel......that is the key. You must get the back spacing right. My quad shocks are removed and my inner 1/4 lips rolled flat (I rolled them due to cutting tire at dragstrip on launch and ruining the M/T's). The way your tails route also plays a roll. The 2.5" flowmasters rubbed the driver tire. The 2.5" magnaflow had plenty of room. Now I am installing 3" VRS but I know they will work cuz others have them on with no issues.

AFS Wheels (what I run)
They are 4-lug (4 on 4 1/4). We have combined two sizes on this auction, 2 - 17" x 8" (+12mm with 4.95" backspacing) for the front, and 2 - 17x9 (+24mm with 5.95" backspacing) for the rear. We really like using the 17" x 8" on the front of the Fox body Mustang! It gives better handling and NO RUBBING problems!

The continental contact extremes (on the car in pics) measure 10" wide on the button. The M/T streets on same 9" rims measure 10 3/4" both in the 275/40/17 size.

·
Registered
386 Posts
what is the actual outside to outside measurement on those tires?

i have 275-50-15 mt drag radials and they barely fit, 1/2" on inside to inner fender and 1/4" outside rear fenders.my tires measure 11" wide using 2 straight edges. mine are also on 10" drag lites
Nitto specs them at 12.1" I believe.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
you can fit 335's with either mini-tub or tiger flares:D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
i have kumho ecsta xs 295/35r17 its pretty wide i think like 11". had to hit the inner fender a little rubs only on steep angled turns.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ive got a set of 295/50/15s on 15X8 welds 5.5 bs. Had to roll the lip and BFH the inner fenders a little, plus its lowered alot.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I run 315/35 17 Summitomo's on a 10.5 rim with Fox length axles. No spacers. Its TIGHT but they fit. I did have to bfh the inners though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
old pic but here's mine with 315/35/17 nitto DRs. BFH inner fender, rolled fender lips, adjustable LCAs, and a track bar to keep them located laterally. i wouldn't go any wider without a minitub but that's just me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got a question to those that are running the 315's. I'm about to throw these on my fox: 1994-04 Mustang Black Deep Dish Fr500 Wheel & Nitto Tire Kit - 17X9/10.5 at LRS - Free Shipping!

They come with Nitto 315/35/17 on the rear. My car is a '93 GT, stock height.

I've got a fender roller and plan to roll my fenders soon. What do you mean "rolled the outers" "BFH the inners"? I'm pretty sure I get what BFH is, but what are you having to beat with it? lol :leghump: Will the fender roller not do all the work that is needed to run these tires? Is there a faq or video showing what needs done?

How about the front? Any clearance issues? i'll be running 275/40/17 up front of course.

·
Registered
35 Posts
btw...I've got SN95 rear axles. Will the backspacing on those SN95 wheels be perfect, or will I need to change over to a fox length axle?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
btw...I've got SN95 rear axles. Will the backspacing on those SN95 wheels be perfect, or will I need to change over to a fox length axle?
I have fox axles and any of the 17x9 or 10.5 fit great. The SN axles will put them out a bit more. Usually any of the OEM 17x8 wheels seem to fit well on a fox with SN axles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
fox length it is. I was sold on the 10.5 315/35/17 before coming across this thread...even more now after seeing all these pics

1 - 20 of 40 Posts