Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to lay down the cash for a set of factory 00' Chrome Cobra R's(Stock witdth). Im going to put Nitto 555R's on the rear and Im trying to figure out what the widest I can go is. I would like to fit a 335/35/18 but I dont know if it would fit. I dont have to worry about them rubbing on the exhaust pipes because the car is dumped.. What would I need to do to make this combo work? Also what size should I run on the front? 295/35/18's(front will be something like phantom KDW's) And what is the width of the STOCK 00' Cobra R's? 18x10?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Stock cobra Rs, I thought were 17x9s. Anyway, with a 10 inch rim you can get pretty wide tires. I think the limit with 9 inch rims are 275s and the limit with 8 inch rims are 235mm, but I am not positive. Call a tire shop and let them tell you. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
peeweec5 said:
Im about to lay down the cash for a set of factory 00' Chrome Cobra R's(Stock witdth). Im going to put Nitto 555R's on the rear and Im trying to figure out what the widest I can go is. I would like to fit a 335/35/18 but I dont know if it would fit. I dont have to worry about them rubbing on the exhaust pipes because the car is dumped.. What would I need to do to make this combo work? Also what size should I run on the front? 295/35/18's(front will be something like phantom KDW's) And what is the width of the STOCK 00' Cobra R's? 18x10?

well, i'm running a 255 on a 7.5 inch rim:D

a 335 should fit a 9 inch rim..... all tires are different,, check the manufacturer....

as far as rubbing:confused:

·
Registered
310 Posts
315 is the biggest I've seen without major mods, even at that, the 2 I've seen had to flip the shocks and take a mallet to the tailpipe, any more than that would require you to have the fenders rolled if I'm not mistaken. as far as the front....no way. and cobra R came in 17", so if you get a 18" to fit you will be my biggest hero. Trust me a 315 looks more than sufficient under the car. plus, any more tire you are just adding weight and friction, which for most of us is a bad thing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought the 00' Cobra R's were 18's... I may be wrong... Please tell me if I am.. I had a friend that had 20's on a 96 Mystic cobra and they looked badAss... I dont see why 18's wouldnt fit other than tire width when turning lock to lock..?? TTT

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
They are 18s. FWIW, I've got 315s (17s) and had no issues with rubbing. I didn't have to beat them on and they look real nice.

Tim

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got done reading an article that stated that the ORIGIONAL(FACTORY) Y2K Cobra R's are 18x9.5"... Is this correct?:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
They are 18x9.5 I think you can get a 335 on a 9.5 rim but it would count on who mounts the tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts