Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some "horror stories" about big name wide band sensors and controllers not lasting as long as they should, but I cant remember which brands specifically.

So, I'd appreciate y'all sharing your experiences.
What to stay away from? Recommendations?

This is for my turbo build (will be wired into the GoldBox), and I'm trying to put something together that lasts, so a good wide band is something I don't mind spending a little extra on for longevity, accuracy and safety.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I had major problems with Innovate; never could get a O2 sensor to last more than a few minutes. Now I run dual AFX widebands and never had an issue.

ks

·
Registered
341 Posts
I run a Innovate DLG1. Going on 3 yrs. No problems. I think some of the problems related to different brands are a result of incorrect installation. For example, the Innovate install instructions say to mount the bung, 1" for that particular kit, so as the tip of the sensor is at the pipe edge, not buried down inside the pipe. It also gives some wiring references that should be followed closely. They should also not be powered on any more than needed with the engine not running for sensor longevity.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've have two fords and an EVO, use AEM widebands in all of them and have had no issues.
I don't put super amounts of mileage on any of them, but both fords were heavily modified
and remote tuned, so it took weeks with lean and rich A/F's a lot of the time. Still no issue.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've had an Innovate MTX-L that I ran on a carb'd motorcycle for a year then transferred over to my car - same controller and sensor for 8 years now. Also picked up a Spartan from 14point7.com for my second bank, no issues with that one for at least 3 years.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Innovate LC-2 requires free air calibration about every 6 months.
You will know when the controller refuses to boot & calibrate for no apparent reason.
Innovate tech support is useless.

I have a Spartan on the way.

Reactions: KEVIN$

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts