Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I was a little bit surprised to see that it uses a common Atmel microcontroller. Bosch offers an IC specifically for controlling their wideband sensors and there are other options as well.

Even so, the memory should not be corrupting spontaneously and Atmel typically has their stuff together, so I tend to doubt defective chips....unless Innovate has been using counterfeit Atmel product. (knowingly or not) When you have junk made in China, bootlegs get in the supply chain periodically even when you're dealing with supposedly reputable sources.
Well, reflashing the controller did not solve the issue with the dead LC-1's that I have hanging around. Still the same. As soon as you plug a sensor into them, the LED stops flashing and the sensor never heats up. I still have serial communications, and from that end, it doesn't show an issue. It's almost like one of the circuits or ICs for the O2 sensor has a short in it that kills it. I've visually inspected the entire unit, and can't find any visual faults. I suppose I could reflow all of the joints and see if it's a cold solder joint causing the problem...

·
Please call me Mike
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Figure I would give an update on where I was at. I have one word to descibe the issue "intemitten".

driving around town sometimes it fails and sometimes not. There isn't a ryme or reason. Although I have never seen it fail while the engine is not warmed up

I have all my new wring ordered. If looking for bulk wire I'd check out Wirebarn. Pretty good prices and you can order by the foot. He doesn't carry anything bigger than 10 gauge. That gave me a chance to buy some from corral members for my main power wires.

I was all set to order some widebands from 14point7 and then I discovered that there is a better sensor: the bosch 4.9. When researching this there is only a couple controllers that support this. One of them is Accurate Lambda Meter- ALM - Wideband Controller | LSU 4.9 | CJ125 | Lambda meter

anyone ever used anything by this company? I dont see a product I 100 percent like but figured id ask. I am going to call them tomamrow and ask some questions

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I only got the Innovate LC-2 because that's what DIYAutoTune sells & it's supported by Tuner Studio. Controller is firmware configurable through Innovate software. Purchased it from Amazon.com

Had a lot of trouble with the O2 connector. Locking tab was broken brand new in sealed box & I can see why: it's crap. Everything must be lined up perfectly to mate properly, & it's tricky to de-mate, too. Muffler shop couldn't do it, I almost gave up, but it finally went together at their shop. Probably better cutting it off & using a Ford junkyard one.

·
Please call me Mike
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
thanks for the information, I ordered the set of spartans. Looking at everything, it just didn't make since to spend a bunch of money on widebands (again). I thought the KISS idea was the best (keep it simple stuipid). I had ideas of sending the data over can bus and 4 widebands, lol.

With the spartans I will have a spare sensor. I'll let everyone know how they work out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.