Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Btw, would yall bother with a .1 reading difference between the gauge and tuner studio?
Bother how? Replace the sensor? I wouldn't. What the gauge says to you isn't as important as what the MS is using to fuel the engine.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Brilliant. I will try this and see if it brings the one I have here back to life. If it does, I'll post the steps I used to bring it back. I'm gonna say I'll be more than a little bit pissed if Innovate is charging $40 a pop to reflash the firmware on a device that loses it because of poor design.
I was a little bit surprised to see that it uses a common Atmel microcontroller. Bosch offers an IC specifically for controlling their wideband sensors and there are other options as well.

Even so, the memory should not be corrupting spontaneously and Atmel typically has their stuff together, so I tend to doubt defective chips....unless Innovate has been using counterfeit Atmel product. (knowingly or not) When you have junk made in China, bootlegs get in the supply chain periodically even when you're dealing with supposedly reputable sources.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.