Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating purchasing a blower again, but i cant make up my mind on what route to go.

My combo is: cobra intake, GT 40 irons, 3.73's, Full exhaust with headders, tremec 3550 and i think thats about it.

what i want is a lower boost level blower mainly for street driving. I dont plan on beating the car too much and it will be more of a daily driver than anything. I dont want the high boost headaches and reliability issues. The choices im looking at are:

Powerdyne BD series
Vortech A trim
Novi 1000
Vortech S trim
Novi 2000
Kenne-bell

Now i know im going to get a bunch of S trim fans right off the bat, but Id like to get the best deal i can, Meaning if i can get a powerdyne kit for 1600$ and it will turn the 6-8 PSI i am looking for why should i pay the extra money for an S trim? Same type deal goes for the vortech/ Paxton entry level blowers.

basicly i want safe reliable conservative boost at a good price.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Go Procharger P1SC, spend some extra money now and don't regret having a blower you'll grow into. Having an intercooled blower will pay HUGE dividends later on too. Do it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Im thinking that whatever blower you go to, get an oversized one now - and just pulley it down (larger pulley).

peace

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CASturbo said:
Go Procharger P1SC, spend some extra money now and don't regret having a blower you'll grow into. Having an intercooled blower will pay HUGE dividends later on too. Do it right the first time.
already had one, didnt like it and sold it.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Novi 1000 if you have no future plans, or a NOVI 2000 if you have plans for more boost later on.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts