Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
See how long a motorcraft rotor lasts
Standard has been making the motor craft stuff for years, most others just repackage there cheap t series line.... The sad fact of fox body stuff is all most all the ignition and electrical components these days are cheap Chinese ****. You can't find a decent stator or tfi but you can still find ok caps and rotors from old stock, I bought a bunch of us made united motor products stuff a few years ago, was still us made and had reb blue and black caps but if they followed the rest of the industry its prob from Asia now.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
They do, standard is much larger then you think, They have 3 levels of quality besides there private label contract stuff. Your pic is the t series line, they also have the premium blue streak, and the white box special Oem/forecast. They also make ford motorcrafts tfi now which have been junk in my experience. They also own Bwd.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
With all the carp flying around what can y'all recommend for a good distributor??? Needs to fit Cleveland, 351M, or a 460.…
Old stock cardone remans and hope it was rebuilt before everything went China lol. You can still find a decent supply of old stock for those motors though just check the shaft measurements and run out on them.

the fox body tfi stuff is hard to find because only standard makes the majority of it now and it cross references so many other ford cars and trucks so supply dried up. Trying to find a decent pip/stator is damn near impossible for the distributor mounted tfi's. All the parts stores brands are low end reboxed standard parts even Napa now... Wells used to be good but the last the duralast/Wve-wells I ordered from autozone was drop shipped from standard. Got a cheap white box, made in china forecast part inside a duralast box with wells paperwork. I've been buying old stock stuff from eBay the last few years from brands that used to be mostly us/mexico. All I know is when they farm it out to India in search of even cheaper labor next, its really going to suck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts