Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the tach and the window switch run to the same wire on the pcm. The window switch doesn't come on until I arm my nitrous. The tach works fine until I arm the juice, then it drops down a few numbers and acts crazy. When I am spraying, the window switch works fine at just the right rpm.

What is throwing my tach off when I arm the nitrous?

·
Registered
636 Posts
docdave22 said:
I have the tach and the window switch run to the same wire on the pcm. The window switch doesn't come on until I arm my nitrous. The tach works fine until I arm the juice, then it drops down a few numbers and acts crazy. When I am spraying, the window switch works fine at just the right rpm.

What is throwing my tach off when I arm the nitrous?
Sounds like you've got voltage feeding back somewhere. Can you post a sketch of the wiring for help in analysis?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was thinking. I don't have anything like that now. I may just re-wire the whole job. I did a bunch of troubleshooting with the wiring b/c I was having trouble with my nitrous and there really is no telling how it ended up. I could have something crossed, but everything works. I was just hoping for a simple solution.

·
Registered
636 Posts
docdave22 said:
That is what I was thinking. I don't have anything like that now. I may just re-wire the whole job. I did a bunch of troubleshooting with the wiring b/c I was having trouble with my nitrous and there really is no telling how it ended up. I could have something crossed, but everything works. I was just hoping for a simple solution.
There was another thread about a month or two ago for someone wiring in a window switch. Try a search online for nitrous or wiring and see what hits you get. He was having trouble too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts