Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting Grade 8 Moroso Studs on my car so that I can use Mr-Gasket spacsers. Why does it say on ther label of the package not to use the studs with the spacers. I know that it might cause the wheel to fall off but why? Is it that there was oncec a case that it happened to someone so now Moroso is trying to protect itself or should I really not use them together. Thank you

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody knows?

ttt

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that smoking cigarettes is harmful or fatal to your health

Its about the same situation here. Mr. Gasket puts that warning on their packages to releave legal obligations. Sure, it CAN cause damage, but the likelihood that it does, is slim. Moroso 3" hardened studs, and spacers are fine. I have, and others have been using them for years.

good luck,
joe

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think they are correct though.

I did run the Moroso Studs and a 1/4" Mr. Gasket spacer on the rear all last season.

Long story short... I now run ARP 3" studs on the rear because the Moroso studs were about to fall off and each one was mangled to death. Another 7000 rpm launch or 2 would have left the rear of my car on the pavement as both wheels would have rolled off.

On the street its fine. Its launching on slicks that will eat those studs up when you use them with a spacer.

Later, Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts