Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2001 GT. A few months ago I added a Bassani X-Pipe with cats and I put on MIL eliminators just to be safe. I also added a magnaflow cat-back, steeda pulleys and steeda timming adjuster set at 16 degrees. I've been driving the car like this for months with no problems till tonight when all the sudden the Service Engine Soon light lit up on the dash. I pulled over right away and popped the hood. No loose vaccume lines that I could see. Timming adjuster was still set on 16 degrees. I crawled under the car to make sure the oxygen sensors and MIL wires didn't melt against the exhaust. Everything looked okay. I restarted the car and drove it home with the light still on for about 20 minutes.
Does anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this light to come on? I know 16 degrees of timming may be a little high, but I've driven the car like that for months on premium gas with no trouble.
The only thing I can think of is to back off the timming a degree or two and re-set the computer and see what happens. But this whole issue may have nothing to do with the timming.
Has anyone else had a problem like this? I need some help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts