Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new low compression DSS 306 that someone built for me. I am running a Cartech turbo with it and both valve covers have an EVAC system plumbed to my down pipe. I have oil pissing out the front of the edelbrock lower intake and some leaking from the rear main seal. The intake leak only seems to be happening when I drive the car fairly hard.

Someone want to tell me what might be causing this? Blowby right? But why? Maybe something with an intake gasket not installed properly?

Anyone?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
ds94 said:
I have a new low compression DSS 306 that someone built for me. I am running a Cartech turbo with it and both valve covers have an EVAC system plumbed to my down pipe. I have oil pissing out the front of the edelbrock lower intake and some leaking from the rear main seal. The intake leak only seems to be happening when I drive the car fairly hard.

Someone want to tell me what might be causing this? Blowby right? But why? Maybe something with an intake gasket not installed properly?

Anyone?

Thanks
Are you using those blue rubber gaskets for the front and rear of your lower intake? If you are then trash them. Those gaskets suck. Use a thick bead of RTV instead.

Helmut Roner
1988 GT

·
Registered
705 Posts
Your rings havn't beded in properly yet! How many miles since rebuild?? Doesn't sound too good!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As of right now I don't know the specifics on the rings or the gasket part number. I will try to find that out. I only have about 300 miles on motor. Shouldn't that be enough for the rings to seat. Maybe I have the wrong size rings??? I dunno yet.

Thanks for the help. I'll try to find out more.

BTW, DSS didn't build it; only supplied the parts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Re: Re: Why is my crankcase pressure too high on new motor?

HELMUT RONER said:

Are you using those blue rubber gaskets for the front and rear of your lower intake? If you are then trash them. Those gaskets suck. Use a thick bead of RTV instead.

Helmut Roner
1988 GT
Interesting.. i've had great luck with those. Couldn't find any last time and used RTV ... it leaked

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts