Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy isn't sure if wants to come along with me to the shootout because he says it should include all Mustangs. I replied that there are plenty of event that include all Mustang and that this is the only one that just allows Modular technologies. He replied that the 5.0 guys don't have a "5.0 Only" race. To which I had no reply (although he may be wrong on that, I just don't know). To take his side, for the sake of argument isn't this splitting the community a bit? Give me some ammo to his point.

Marty

·
Banned
363 Posts
There are way more 5.0's out there and much more racing classes from them then there is for us Mod Motor guys. Mod Motor classes are usually more competitive in my opinion. The races are closer ect. If it's that much of a problem he should buy a Mod Motor.:) Just kidding. But seriously I doubt that by having a Mod only race it will divide the mustang community. We all respect each other enough to know better then that.:)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Its a Modular Shootout, thats why Windsors are allowed. Does he wonder why he cant run his 5.0 in the NHRA Import Serires ?
Im not trying to be a smarta$$ but thats really like a Chevy owner asking if he can run in the NMRA.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Some other classes also!!
All ford race classes
sportsupplementstore.com Real Muscle
Corral.net Bracket 1 All Ford
Super Stallions Of The Net Bracket 2 All Ford

V6 class
Fordchip.com V6 Open comp

Focus class
myFordPerformance.com/Focaljet.com Focus Fun

Power stroke diesel class
PDQ Performance Warehouse/Diablo Turbo Diesel

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
MOD SHOOTOUT is ALL FORD
Jim V.
Fair enough. You just put a few rounds in my holster. Our racing relationship is based on 5.0 (which I refer to as pushrod p***y) vs. 4.6 anyway so some division is good for racing spirt anyway. :D :D

Marty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.