Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Lol where are you gonna find one without paying an arm and a leg. I'd love to do this.

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. When the motor initially came out magazines were talking about it likely being a good big ci swap for hot rods and there was even a drag race team that was running and developing the motor before it was released.

Sent from my not soo far away Galaxy...

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hell yea those remind me of L92 heads. Lots of potential for a stock head. Hard to believe noone is swapping these.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
But the new regular F-150s have the option for the 6.2 too. So in a few years, people will probably be doing the swap, after some folks total their trucks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sounds like ALOT of cash lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Test post.

edit:

OK that worked. Then why didn't my post from 9pm yesterday show up ? Good thing I wasn't trying to answer someone's question.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We need someone to crank up the power and see where the bottom end breaking point is. If it will hold 600-700hp, I think $4600 is a reasonable price.
I'm pretty sure companies like Hennessey are already making supercharged 6-700hp Raptors.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Just thought I would resurrect this thread.

I was doing a bit of reading on Yellowbullit, and it seems that there is/are people doing the swap.

Ford's new "Cammer" - Yellow Bullet Forums

Link to swap......

600 HP N/A Carburated Ford 6.2 SOHC Foxbody Notch Build - High 9's Or Bust!! - SVTPerformance

I know Livernois Motorsports makes a stroker kit, but at $$$$$ I think I would do this.......

First I would have to find out what stroke LM is using on the cranks, then send the stock crank out to a crankshaft company for an offset grind.

Then I would order custom rods, and pistons, all of which should be cheaper than the nearly $6k for the LM kit.

If I were to ever take on a full bodied Ford restomad, I would seriously think about the 6.2l.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thats a badass build for sure. That guy lives not too far from me also.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
You know there is theoretically a big opportunity for aftermarket parts for these engines as the 6.2l has what all of the other mods have been lacking, and all of us Ford guys have been crying for, and that is CUBIC INCHES!!!

This is the angle that would need to be exploited on the 6.2l as you can make pretty good power with the other mods and boost.

The LM stroker kit pushes the CID to around 400cid which is pretty good for what your getting which is an SOHC engine with factory aluminum heads that have pretty good flow potential, not to mention a sturdy factory block. Of course it would have been even better had Ford cast the 6.2 block in aluminum instead of iron.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts