Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know this topic seems beat to death but I could not find any concrete posts in search. I see people post all the time on many different forums that this is a bad idea? Do they just not sound good to some people? Are there posts proving horsepower losses? I run a VRS X pipe and 2 chambers and I love the sound and performance.....am I missing something here?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
It's just a "rule-of thumb" to most folks out there. You are correct about the combination of X pipes & chambered mufflers not sounding good to certain people....

The "rule:"

X pipes w/ straight through mufflers & H pipes w/ chambered mufflers.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Quick Snake said:
Yes I know this topic seems beat to death but I could not find any concrete posts in search. I see people post all the time on many different forums that this is a bad idea? Do they just not sound good to some people? Are there posts proving horsepower losses? I run a VRS X pipe and 2 chambers and I love the sound and performance.....am I missing something here?
My personal oppinion??? It sounded like comples asse' (mods, that's french... ;)) Don't get me wrong, if you like it loud and obnoxious, the non-catted bassani x-pipe with 2 chamber flows was just that... but way too raspety for me. I love the way my magnaflow catback sounds now... Nice and tame while driving around town... but when the pedal goes down and the boost starts flowing... it's un-godly. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I went with a h-pipe my self because several people mentioned that the sound you will get is very "raspy".

·
Registered
199 Posts
i love the way my bbk o/r xpipe sounds with my 2 chamber flows and MAC headers....but to be honest I'm changing to a magnaflow catback very soon for differnet reasons.

click on the link in my sig to hear a clip of my car...tell me that doesn't sound awesome!

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Will an offroad X-pipe with Magnapack mufflers sound raspy also? They are way too truck-like sounding with an offroad-H.

·
Registered
199 Posts
VIPERBLUELX said:
Will an offroad X-pipe with Magnapack mufflers sound raspy also? They are way too truck-like sounding with an offroad-H.
beats me, but I'll let you know in a few weeks. I plan on ordering the magnaflow catback in a week or two when I have a little more spare change.

but to be honest, there's a lot less raspy sound since I added longtube headers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts