Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read so many threads saying to use these.. but damn they look like stockers

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
They look like stockers because they are stockers ! The 9333 is the same material as the 8548 but with a Stainless steel fire ring. Both are a graphite gasket and .050 thick compressed. I think and this is a think, these came off of a 85 mustang, no sure though.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Yup, I'm told the same thing except the 9333's were a replacement for the 94-95 cars. Again, heresay, I'm not 100% positive.

They do the trick though and are cheap compared to the crappier (in my opinion) 1011 series Fel-Pros.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
TC89LX said:
Yup, I'm told the same thing except the 9333's were a replacement for the 94-95 cars. Again, heresay, I'm not 100% positive. Never heard that before, but sounds good !

They do the trick though and are cheap compared to the crappier (in my opinion) 1011 series Fel-Pros.
1985 ... 1995 whats the difference ! LOL

Defenetly heard that before !

·
Registered
372 Posts
What gasket are you running TC89LX?

I'm rebuilding my 410ci and I was going to run a Copper gasket with an O-ring in the block. But I was told today to run a 9333 gasket. It's going to be around 13:1 compression and it will see some spray. What should I run?

4"

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I'm running a thinner 0.037" compressed gasket made by Detroit Gasket (?) that I picked up from Ed Curtis. I would have used the 8548pt2 or 9333-1's otherwise but I was after a slight compression increase. It was much less than I had hopd for when all the nu,bers were crunch so a few extra cc's didn't hurt.

It is a graphite composition gasket like the 2 Fel-Pros mentioned also.

If the tuning is good it should work just fine. The blower guys are jamming a bunch of boost into them with those gaskets. Myself included way back when.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I'm running a thinner 0.037" compressed gasket made by Detroit Gasket (?) that I picked up from Ed Curtis. I would have used the 8548pt2 or 9333-1's otherwise but I was after a slight compression increase. It was much less than I had hoped for when all the numbers were crunch so a few extra cc's didn't hurt.

It is a graphite composition gasket like the 2 Fel-Pros mentioned also.

If the tuning is good it should work just fine. The blower guys are jamming a bunch of boost into them with those gaskets. Myself included way back when.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts