Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post a while back from a guy telling about adapter kits to put GM overdrive automatics onto small block Fords but I can't find it with the search. Does anyone know the source. He originally said he tried the Art Carr kit but didn't like it and now used a better brand. He even has a web page. Someone please point the way. Oh and just in case someone gets offended by this, I don't give a rats azz about ANY AOD, so too bad.

Thanks, Vernon

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's the one! Thanks Macx, it's pretty cool, I was just looking at the board when you posted. While I was looking for this I dug up info about using a late model 4R70W (wide ratio AODE) instead with a Baumann TCS "black box" to control it. This is really interesting because I just bought an B&M 3000 stall for the 4R70W in one of my SuperCoupes that I've decided not to use. Since the 4R70W will bolt right up to my Mustang and I need a 3000 stall for any trans I use in it I might just go with a '99 spec 4R70W out of a wreck for $450 that's plenty tuff along with the Baumann box for another $400. It makes way too much sence. The factory 4R70W can more than handle my 230 HP 3.8 and has the wider gears and full throttle O/D, so why bother putting in a GM trans. I guess my words about not giveing a rat about any AOD will taste OK with some ketchup. Thanks for the info though so I can decide.

Vernon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts