Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there running '03 Cobra struts on a fox with stock spindles? I will be installing(getting installed) Bullitt springs, '03 Cobra Bilstein struts, and Bullitt shocks along with some CC plates. I was going handle the rear and let someone else do the fronts (started them once and ended up blossoming an impact wrench socket trying to get spindle nuts off).

The guy that's going to be installing them isn't sure they'll fit on a fox and to set his and my mind at ease I wanted to hear from those who have done it already. Any gotchas?

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
First of all SN95 struts are longer then Fox Struts so its not recomended that you lower your Fox with those struts. Second the Bullitt has a modular engine that is something like 150 lbs heavier then your 5.0 so your ride should be very stiff.

·
Registered
193 Posts
They will fit, but there is concern that they may bottom out if the car is lowered.

It is recomended to use CC plates because they increase your suspension travel by mounting the Strut higher up...if you are lowering your car you should probably switch to SN95 spindles and brakes because that will give you even more suspension travel and prevent you from bottoming out the Strut.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pederb,

Since others with Fox-3 bodies that are running with the Bullitt springs report little or no drop, I'm not worried worried about bottoming oout, especially with the CC plates I'll be using.

I'm trying to resolve the impact harshness issue mentally as it relates to the difference between vehicle weights. So far my intuition tells me that only the ride height is effected for a given spring rate and strut that is matched for it. I guess I'll have to pull out the physics and mechanics books.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They have a light '1.5' compression valving. They won't feel harsh at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts