Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be adding a WMS sytem with MAS to my car. I am told I will need a tune--Who does good tunes (Dyno), and how much should I expect to pay?? I live in Santa Barbara.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Swanson's Performace in Torrance....he just did my car and Im happy with what he did for me....power train dynamics...huntington beach I think, I've had friend go there who were happy and I think APex is in Santa Clarita or Santa paula or somewhere in that area......any of those places are a drive....an autologic chip ran 325 or 125 for a reburn if you already have it and dyno $125/hr....expensive but Swanson did a good job on mine....

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
If you plan on doing headers too (saw your other post) then wait until you have those on the car before you get a tune... Basically you should have every bolt on you plan to have on the car before you get a tune... Also, you will pass smog with LT headers on a 4.6 Cobra even out here in California... Just make sure you drive it hard on the freeway to warm up the cats before you smog it... You gotta remember these 4.6s are pretty efficient motors... There is a member on here by the name of STOKED who lives in No Cal and passed with BBK LTs on his 98 Cobra using the method mentioned up above...(heating up the cats on the shorty H by running the car hard before inspection)

98Roush recommended the best shops to tune around here in Cali... And APEX is located in Santa Clara up north, not Santa Clarita (So Cal)... SB puts you somewhat in a drive, but atleast you have options...

·
Registered
96 Posts
just had my snake smogged 3 days ago with no problems. it has hooker LT's and a catted x-pipe. one of the slip joints even had a leak that time..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts