Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like them? I'm forced to go with them for a 275/50/15 size. It's either that or Drag Radials and up here they cost about $250 a piece.

pic's of 275/50/15's if ya got'm

thanks

·
Registered
6,306 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Radial T/A's

I have run some form of BFG tire (90% were Radial T/A's) since 1982 and have yet to have a problem. IMO the best looking RWL tire on the market....especially on Weld Draglites.....STEVE

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
BFGs

Ive been running BFGs on several vehicles for the past say 8yrs with no problems. I run the 275 50s radial TA and like them, the drag tire doesnt last that long though

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I have comp t/a's on the ranger, and a bastardized set of comps/touring/radial t/a's on the mustang that are going to be burnout tires one of these days because they suck ass

after personally witnessing Ian's mishap I won't buy another radial t/a tire

·
Registered
123 Posts
I run bf t/a radials on my 69 roadrunner and also on my 340 duster and I have no complaints.I roast the crap out of them and still have good rubber.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I have used the Radial T/A's for years, and never had a problem. 235/60-15's front, and 275/50-15's rear. I may go with 295/50-15's on the rear soon though. They would look pretty good, I am thinking, lol. BTW, no other tire looks as good on the 15" wheels as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't want the white letters on either side.... I'll turn them inside, but what can I put on them to blackin the letters for 'car shows'???

also... For you guy's running the 275/50/15's what is your rim size and backspacing? I'll be sqeezing a 9 with 5.5bs on the rear

thanks for advice

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Black paint or show polish should take care of the letters on the inside. Even a big permanent marker coudl do it.

I had mine on 8.5" rims w/ 5" BS.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The BFG T/A's look nice but are not a really great handling tire. More suited for a muscle car or show car. I had a set on my old 73 Chevelle and eventually wore them out. They are what they are, an S rated tire with reasonably soft tread and sidewalls.

Great burnout tires though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts