Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their a significant differenace between the solid end-links over using urethane bushings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I use heim joints for end links on my track car. I should use them on my street car too but I just haven't gotten around to it. The heim joints do not cause bind in the sway bar when the car rolls on its suspension. This transfer more roll resistance to the car then the stock urethane bushing will. They react quicker and are adjustable for length so there is no pre-load in the sway bar when the car is level.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't have pictures of this set up on the car but I could build a copy and take a picture and send it to you. I use 4 "U" shaped steel tabs, available from any stock car chassis builder like Coleman Racing, and some nuts, bolts, and washers. Along with the heims and a threaded tube or link. Give me a couple of days and I will work up something with the hardware I have laying around and then I'll send you a picture. My E-mail is - [email protected]. Send me an email on Monday I will send you the picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts