Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get better arms & bushings to replcae my factory a-arms. i dont want to pull the arms & go through the whole bushings replacement issues. i also dont want to just swap in new stock arms & bushings. im wondering who makes affordable aftermarket arms that have stiffer bushings & a more rigid design over stock? i already know about the FRPP arms for $170, what other options do i have? im looking for who & where. any responses are appreciated!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I think you are SOL.
I like my FRPP replacement front control arms.
The difference was night and day on my 150k mile 89GT.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx 468lc, i was just checking to see what was available. i saw the FRPP arms & they looked very good. what do they mean by :
This kit enables owners of 1979-93 Mustang/Capri vehicles to upgrade them to 1996 levels
they look like great factory replacements with better bushings & new ball joints. how would they be upgraded to "96 levels"? they are the same exact design as the stock arms right? theres no length change or anything is there?
just curious, looks like im going to go with these arms but im real curious of its "upgrade level".
thanx!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
mygt8a4re said:

they look like great factory replacements with better bushings & new ball joints. thanx!
That about sums it up.
They do use a low friction ball joint.
I don't know the advantages of low friction but it sounds good.:D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx again, i was just checking to see if that was just a sales pitch or there was really some change in geometry to make them like "1996 level".

thanx.............

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
The geometry is the same, I think the "upgrade" is the ball joint design.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, thanx for the help, im ordering those.............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts