Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a powerpipe and would like to know what everybody thinks is the best/most easily to install powerpipe on the market today for a 96-98 Cobra??

I wanted to get a "Morpheous" because they seemed to be a good deal for the price. Unfortunately that guy had some issues with other "business" (so I guess that's out for at least 10 years or so):rolleyes: ....

Also do these powerpipes take another SIZE of K&N Conical Filter to work or will the stocker that came with my Vortech work??

Boost/Dyno HP increases would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I like the AFM Powerpipe I have on mine, It came HPC coated and very cleanly put together. The fit seems fine to me, but I don't have any experience with other pipes to compare to. The Powerpipe will replace the flimsy flex hosing you get from Vortech between the mass air meter and the blower inlet so it should have 0 effect on your Vortech supplied filter.

With the 3.12" pulley and AFM P/P on my V1 I was seeing 15 psi @7000. I have heard the P/P is good for 1-3 lbs depending on conditions.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the V1 the stock 96-98 vortech kit or the one w/the upgraded impeller??

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Both the V1 and the V2 stock vortech kits for the Cobra have the 'reduced efficiency impeller. Either can be upgraded with the 'GT' impeller for more boost.

V1 - Noisey
V2- SQ or silent unit.

Tom Crews

1 - 4 of 4 Posts