Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have a set of adj rear tokico shocks on my 94 cobra, i was wanting to go with a set of rear coilovers, i've heard some horror stories about some of the setups, anyone know who makes a good setup for my car that i would not have to modify much?,thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm not trying to be flippant but 'good coilover' and 'Tokico' is an oxymoron...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The only good coilover systems use a shock that is designed to be a coilover shock. I would not recommend anything that modifies stock type dampers.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, thanks for the info cosmracer, do you know who makes a coilover setup that will work with the factory design? most of the coilovers that i have seen for the rear,(koni's,hal's) must have a bar between the rails with tabs to mount the coilovers to, then i would have to weld on a set of brackets on the housing also..let me know when you get time, i was wanting something that i could use the stock mounting points with,thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maximum Motorsports is coming out with rear coilover hardware for tokico and koni soon...they may already offer them.

I noticed this in the front of their catalog.

It might be worth a call to MM... www.maximummotorsports.com

Dave

·
Registered
604 Posts
I run the same shocks and the thing that would scare me is the hollow shaft of the shock breaking.
Besides as soon as you cut off that upper disc thingy there goes the lifetime warranty. I've already used it once with the stock setup and one inch drop with the Fox length shock/strut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts