Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local shop is trying to talk me into a Procharger. Can anyone comment on this product, Boost, rwhp, ease of installation? Pics would be nice..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Install is straight forward, no tapping into oilpan. About 8-10 hrs. Replace the plugs w/Denso Iridiums or other high quality plugs. Have it dyno tuned.

Base # on stock 99+ GT: 232 rwhp 280 rwtq
w/ Procharger : 405 rwhp 405 rwtq
w/jba shorties/2 1/2 Magnaflow catted-X/Magnaflow catback
425 rwhp 430 rwtq

·
Registered
468 Posts
only bad thing i have heard about ATI is that the head units leak, and ati wont cover them to get it fixed, i would reccomend a novi2000 or a vortech s-trim! all 3 make great power but the novi2000 will make more power, but the s-trim & ati will be best to turn up for your stock block, good luck!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
ive had my p-1sc on now for almost a year and have not had any problems with blowing seals...i had it on a stock block for about 9 months on 10lbs of boost now on my shm motor for about 3 months with 12 lbs...if your looking to crank up th boost on down the line go with the D-1sc...ill be upgrading to it over the winter...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
F a ProCharger! :evilgrin:
I will never buy another ProCharger product as long as I live. The thing fit like a Yafa block and leaked after only a few months of use. ATI basically told me to go scratch and when I wrote the "customer service" manager she actually responded with insults! :mad:
Do a search under my name and you will see all the trouble I've had with this thing. I just ripped it out and ordered a brand new Vortech S-trim.
If you go ATI, be aware that thier customer service sucks.
I too say Paxton or Vortech 100%
Sorry guys, just my .02$

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
no doubt the Procharger makes great power right out of the box due to the intercooler and 12# pulley option, but Vortech and Paxton have a better quality product in my opinion and are capable of the same power if you add an intercooler, in the case of the Novi 2000 it is capable of even more power than a Procharger P1sc or a Vortech SQ for the same money!

My Novi 2000 makes 12# of boost right out of the box with the stock pulley and a powerpipe.

Good luck with your decision,
Howard

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is it possible to run a D1-SC on a stock 2000 GT with only minor mods? The procharger site says that you should have about 300 HP N/A to run the D1-SC. Is that correct?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is it possible to run a D1-SC on a stock 2000 GT with only minor mods? The procharger site says that you should have about 300 HP N/A to run the D1-SC. Is that correct?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Andrew Pokorny said:
there is one guy on here that goes by letherneck? and he has a D1SC with stock internals, with a safe tune you will be ok but you are not really taking advantage of the blower. if you want to just have a blower and keep your stock engine together go with a SQ Vortec or P1SC

I do not know where you are coming up with needing 300 HP na, you can bolt this on to a normal 2V and be fine with a safe safe tune. It is probably the F1SC you are talking about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts