Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The output pulses the solid state relay which pulses the solenoid. You just need to be sure to get a ssr that can be ground activated. Most can, but some can’t. A hella ssr is a good option.

“nitrous 1 out” - can turn on the pump. This can actually be a standard relay.
“Nitrous 2 out” - can be used to pulse the solenoid. Must be ssr

You ground the solenoid to the chassis, and then power the 12v side with the ssr.
I have this kit new in the box. It comes with a standard relay but not the ssr. It runs off an adjustable pressure switch and is plumbed into manifold vacuum. It only gives the ability to adjust what psi that you want the meth injection to switch on. That may not be a big deal; I'm not sure. It's certainly simple enough. It may not be necessary to trigger it with the PIMP. ??? Being in the Phoenix heat; I'm thinking the cooling effect is good enough. It's not like I need more hp with a stock block.
Snow Performance 20001 Snow Performance Boost Cooler Stage-1 Water/Methanol Injection Systems | Summit Racing

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I have this kit new in the box. It comes with a standard relay but not the ssr. It runs off an adjustable pressure switch and is plumbed into manifold vacuum. It only gives the ability to adjust what psi that you want the meth injection to switch on. That may not be a big deal; I'm not sure. It's certainly simple enough. It may not be necessary to trigger it with the PIMP. ??? Being in the Phoenix heat; I'm thinking the cooling effect is good enough. It's not like I need more hp with a stock block.
Snow Performance 20001 Snow Performance Boost Cooler Stage-1 Water/Methanol Injection Systems | Summit Racing
If you’ve got a good intercooler, and you tune based off the spark plug, you probably don’t need meth anyways with a stock block deal.

If you have ability to trigger it with the pimp, there’s really no reason to go any other route. If you choose to do meth in the end.

Reactions: fasterthangas

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Does the Snow kit have a low fluid indicator? I wouldn't personally run a meth kit on my car without one. I have an old school Anderson AFM methanol injection kit laying around in my garage that I have been hesitant to put on my car for this exact reason.

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,449 Posts
1. All the push on fittings for the red plastic feed line leak from the reservoir to the solenoid to the spray nozzle. They leak more in the winter time if the car sits in a cold climate cold garage or outside.
i've used the same push- to-lock aka one-touch aka push-to-connect aka whatever you want to call them fittings in automation world for many many years and they only leak when you don't cut the tubing right.
you should not be using pliers, razor blades, knives, etc to cut them. you need a tubing cutter so that it leaves a clean cut but more importantly straight and perpendicular to the tube.
also, some of these fitting (there are many brands) require you to push the tubing into the fitting, and then pull on the collar, so that the fingers actually grip the tubing.

3. The spray from the inlet nozzle once you let off the gas and out of boost slowly fizzles out. It doesn't shut off right away after you let off the gas and again spraying water/meth into the throttle body etc when not wanted and puddles up inside the intake and throttle body corroding the aluminum inside the throttle body. Already had to replace a throttle body after 2-3 years of use because it got so corroded.
and hence the reason why they sell a solenoid valve. the same problem will happen no matter whose kit you use. you need a valve.

4. The bigger 2.5 gallon Reservoir doesn't come with a good mounting system and those aluminum straps they supply don't hold the tank down very well at all. It rattles and slides around with the straps they provide. Had to come up with other ideas to hold that tank down using those straps and some other things around the shop and still didn't like the way it turned out.
2.5 gallons is 11.3x liters, and if you run a big nozzle like the 625ml that's 0.625L
i will let you figure out the math of how much time it would take to use up 2.5 gallons

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,449 Posts
Does the Snow kit have a low fluid indicator? I wouldn't personally run a meth kit on my car without one. I have an old school Anderson AFM methanol injection kit laying around in my garage that I have been hesitant to put on my car for this exact reason.

they used to sell the safe injection flow sensor setup which i ran back in the day before i changed my ecu to pro-m. they have since stopped making it. not sure why. frankly lot of people don't or can't follow basic instructions for their basic kits so can only image what kind of bs calls and emails they got regarding to the safe injection kit.

the kit worked awesome and you cans till find them on ebay (there's one on there now).

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Tried every cutting technique with all the above mentioned cutting tools tubing cutter they still leak and leak more in the winter. We use the smallest jet/nozzle the kit came with. And the kit also came with a solenoid.

·
Registered
1997 Mustang Cobra
425 Posts
It would be really really hard to run out on accident.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts