Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as too fitment under the hood, performance, power, problems, etc. Will a 2.5" cowl hood fit, or 3"? What kind of times/power do you have? What about before the blower, if it applies?
Any info you can provide would be appreciated, especially since a search is no longer a viable option;)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
check out Buonosuperchargedcobra, he has a 347 stroker with a kenne bell.

later

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 1500 on top of a 351W. But, I am in the process of upgrading to the 2200, as I didn't feel the 1500 could keep up with the 351W.

I have a small cut on the underside of my hood from the snout pulley, even though I am running a 2.5 inch Cervini cowl hood! Not a big deal to me, as it is minor.

I had it on the dyno once and it pulled 376 with about 10# boost. Based on the recent posts of KB user's, it appears like they do well with less restrictions. I am planning on replacing my bassani X-pipe w/cats for a Dr. Gas X-pipe w/o cats, and also plan to increase the size of my Tbody.

I will probably also step up to 42# injectors, with the lightning 90mm MAF!

HTH

·
Registered
273 Posts
Conv89GT
I have a setup real similar to yours so I have a few questions.

How much boost drop off do you see with the 1500 on your 351? (How much boost at redline?) What are your cam specs? What motor mounts do you use? What stall is your converter? And is it lockup or non-lockup? Do you think the 373's are too much with the AOD/351?

Do you have any track times?

Jon

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jon,

I was seeing a drop of about 2 pounds above 5300 rpm, and up to 3 pounds at 6000 rpm.

I have a custome FTI cam, PM me if you want the details.

I am using the stock convertible motor mounts that came with the car.

I am running a 3000 stahl converter, which I would like to get lowered in the future as well!

As far as gears, I would hold off judgement until I get a lower stahl.

I have gone 3 times, and the best so far was a 7.60 in the 1/8 mile with a 1.67 60 ft. time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Conv89GT said:
I had it on the dyno once and it pulled 376 with about 10# boost.
Have you got that motor tuned at all? That seems kinda low for a blown 351. I dynoed 328 with a SVO blown 4.6 at 10# of boost.

·
Registered
278 Posts
347 with KB 2200

My set up is:
347 low compression forged aluminum pistons, forged crank
Kenne bell 2200 with by-pass 10# boost
Edelbrock aluminum heads ported stage 2
36# injectors, 190lph intank, t-rex inline pump, stock rails
PIH A9L 89 computer, crower cam 15513, 80mm maf, 75mm tb
Tremec 3550, Mcleod dual disc clutch, 355 gears, Detroit locker, Moser 31 axles

Dyno numbers were 460 HP and 478 TQ with a/f running fat to 5000 then leaned out. Think I need 42's.

After installing 347 it took four trips to the track to make a full pass. 1st time broke clutch, 2nd time broke rear locker and 3rd time burned piston. Now can work on 10's with better launch and powershifting.

Update on fifth trip to track broken input shaft from powershifting into 4th!!!!!

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts