Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing a little research in to makers of 3" exhaust.
I cant seem to find much other than mac or bassani. They both seem to be on seperate ends of the money scale.
So let me know what you got and what you think of it.

Thanks...Tony

·
Registered
351 Posts
don't get the 3" exhaust unless you have a truly bad @$$ car planned. 2.5" pipes will flow enough exhaust for all but the wildest combinations. and a 3" exhaust on a >300hp car will actually hurt performance in most if not all circumstances.

if you just have to have the 3" i would go with bassani or borla or another reputable company. you get what you pay for and these systems will last the life of your car. i cant say the same for the mac systems although they could be better now.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Never had a prob with the MAC 3" exhaust.....

And yes I agree you need a serious car to make use of the 3" exhaust.... guess my 557 stroker was serious enough:lol:
Even though I now have collector muffs instead of the full exhaust.

FWIW I would buy the MAC exhaust for my street car in a heartbeat if I was in market for exhaust even though it would be 2 1/2 system.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont really think I will need 3" but I was just weighing the options. I'm currently building a 347 and was looking to step my header size up to 1 3/4" and figured I thought I would look into replacing the whole system.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I run MAC 1 3/4" LT's with 3" collector down to MAC's 3" Pro-Dumps...I think summit or jegs has a cheap 3" exhaust system out now. From cat back for like $230-$270???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts