Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of picking up some bare castings for my car, they are cheap, and im poor, :lol:

ive been reading the GT40P Tech page, and they seem like they are just what im looking for, I plan on doing mild porting work on them before I put them on the car, im going to keep the stock GT40P valve sizes, with upgraded springs, and 1.7RR's, and a cam in the near future...

anyways, im just wondering if they are a good head to go with. will they make a big difference from the E7's? and what other advice can you give me about them?

my goal is to have a mid-low 12 second daily driver, so im not asking too much out of them from what I hear a lot of people say, im just wondering if it can be done with these heads reliably.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Look at a set of E7's. The P heads are below. They work good for me. I didn't touch the ports. The springs, retainers and valve were upgrades. Good for the money.

My car will not run in the 12's, but it can be done easily with this head.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VERY VERY NICE!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can absolutely reach that goal reliably (at least as reliable as a car can be that hooks well enough or makes enough power to run low 12s).

Only advice outside the Tech Page I can give is you'll definitely want to upgrade the intake from the stock piece or port the snot out of it. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts