Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see your #'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My old combo made 549RWHP/535RWTQ. This was on a DSS 306 with a basically stock fuel system. (155lph in tank, t-rex,stock rails and lines, 36 # inj) had to shut it down at 5000 rpms (too lean). Never de-dynoed after the fuel system - but, I split the block last May. I'm breaking in my new Dart 331 right now! I'm sure you'll see by the replies that the stock block will not last long at these power levels.

Jim

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
My old setup made 606 RWHP/588 RWTQ. Pistons broke, block stayed intact.

·
Registered
884 Posts
B-RAY said:
notice the "my OLD setup" and "USED TO".
True, but most people realize they are on borrowed time at those power levels. My motor was perfectly fine when I decided to build my new motor. I was going for 500rwhp and when I made 557 on the dyno I knew I needed to find a better foundation.

·
Registered
884 Posts
freezy74 said:
are those victor jr's ported?
The difference between the two setups are as follows

old ........................................................................ new
Cobra (extrude hone upper, ported lower ......RPM both ported
TFS heads ported.............................................Victor JR ported 302 230 @.600
S trim @ 15lbs..................................................T trim 13lbs
.........................................................................aftercooler (not used during dyno)
47lb inj, stock rail..............................................72lb inj, pro M rails
Paxton Blue..........................................................Weldon 2025
FMS 80mm MAF....................................................ProM 92mm
347 stock short....................................................351ci A4 based

Few more little things, the heads were ported in San Diego by ESI. The block was built by Duttweiler but I didn't have it built. I bought a buddys Lincoln MkVII that had the 347, S trim, TFS heads, cobra intake, Art Carr tranny etc.... I parted out the car and kept the short block.

·
Registered
568 Posts
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/topdog.htm

The 3rd place number ([email protected] on ET streets) was done on a stock block. You tell me how many RWHP that is :eek: As far as I know, the motor never broke :eek: :eek: I don't remember what the exact turbo combo was. I believe it was just some ported orginal TFS highports. My memory is also shady on this, but I believe the long block was sold to another local that ran low 10's for a long time with it until it was sold... still no motor problems as far as I know.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a good friend that is running 9.80's @ 139 with a stock block TFS heads and a driver side Novi. He ran 10.13 @ 136 first time the car ever ran at NMRA Phoenix. He is an editor at Car Craft, he owns the flame car, it's been in the rag a few times. Very simple combo that really runs good. I believe he dynoed at ~525rwhp :confused:

·
Registered
227 Posts
stock block?

you mean just the block or a shortblock with stock crank/pistons/rods in it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
forced347 said:
I bought a buddys Lincoln MkVII that had the 347, S trim, TFS heads, cobra intake, Art Carr tranny etc.... I parted out the car and kept the short block.
And the S-trim is still running fine. ;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Shawn Donkin said:
And the S-trim is still running fine. ;)
Glad to hear that:). our car runs very strong, good job.

Those Lincoln parts didn't have many miles on them, he could never get the car to run right. He was always reading magazines and buying the newest neat part. Hs problems came from the fact that he never used the same mechanic, so no one really had a handle on the car. When I was pulling it apart I found numerous things wrong. He finally sold the car because it had a smoking problem. The person who assembled the heads didn't put the valve seals on correctly and they were all pushed up, this caused excessive oil consumption. I made out retty well on that car :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I made 612 rwhp with a stock block and a t-trim at 18 psi.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Matt Wirt runs a stock mexican block with girdle in HOT STREET ( NMRA) at 15 to 1 compression!! Running 9s N/A. Hes been using same block for a couple years, just rebuilding it!!!!!!!! Thats amazing!!:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts