Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hypertech chip install HELP.

I am trying to put my Hypertech chip in and cant get the brain out to do it. anyone have some easy advise on pulling it out. I went to Hypertech's website and printed their directions, but was not able to pull it the way they said to.

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
What problem are you having exactly? Do you have the harness removed from the eec (brain)?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
its pretty simple to remove the eec.. pull the kick panel off, unbolt a couple small bolts, holding the plastic braket in place, pull a couple plugs, and unbolt the main harness plug.. and its out..
U will need to pull the protective plug out of the J3 port, if you havent already, then u can plug in the chip.. Might need to clean the J3 ports contacts, to a bright copper finish, in order for everything to make good contact.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Make sure the battery leads are UNHOOKED BEFORE you start cleaning/removing, or otherwise "disturbing" the PCM's wiring or ports...When the FORDCHIP "crew" tried clean everything up to install mine, after the custom tune and chip burn, they shorted out my PCM's "memory" lead, and the car was disabled for several hours why they tried to figure out what they did wrong...It could have all been avoided if the battery was not left hooked up...

Like poostang said, the actual PCM removal is usually pretty easy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at first i was having trouble removing the wire harness to slide the EEC out, there was one bolt that i had to loosen to pull it out, but that was stripped. i ended up just unhooking all the connectors and pulling to down with the harness still connected. once i got that done, it was a simple install.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts