Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm want to keep my stock bullit wheels but I want to have a bigger size for the rear. For 3 reasons:

1st -> I need all the traction I can get. I know my car isn't a rocket but I would like to have more rubber.

2nd -> it would look really nice to have steam-rollers in back, just like driving behind a Viper

3rd -> I want to keep my car as a sleeper, even though the tires might give it away.

My questions are;

Who can widen my wheels to 17x11 ?
What tire size would fit this size ? 315/35/17 ??
Would this setup be fine for the rear, without any rubbing???
Is it safe to widen the wheels???
pros or cons, if any???
phone numbers, email address, wedsite???

Lastly, I live in canada, if you would know any compagny that is situated in canada, would be better for me. Or else anywhere in the states is fine.

Appreciate your help

·
Registered
639 Posts
Rim widening

Check out www.bentrim.com (wheels America). The Miami location for sure can widen. It cost $200 and they supply the donor rims. I contacted someone whose signature mentioned he had widened rims. He said the job came out good, and there were no drivability issues with his rims. His Corral name is Medik13.

Hop

·
Registered
376 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Black01GT4.6
CRACK!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lol: Maybe it's what he was smokin' when he posted that!
J/K:D

John C.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I started to do that myself. Instead I just ordered a set of 17x9 and 17x10.5's Bullitts from Jeffo on this board. Turned around and sold my stock 17x8 Bullitts. So in the end it really didnt cost me but $246 after counting what the new ones cost/money back from selling my stock ones. :)

Billy

·
Registered
516 Posts
NC STANG GUY said:
I started to do that myself. Instead I just ordered a set of 17x9 and 17x10.5's Bullitts from Jeffo on this board. Turned around and sold my stock 17x8 Bullitts. So in the end it really didnt cost me but $246 after counting what the new ones cost/money back from selling my stock ones. :)

Billy
Aren't they replicas? I want to keep the front Bullitt wheels but go to 17x9 on rear. But will the replicas match the OEM? Will the center cap from the OEM fit the replicas? The idea of widening my wheels scares the sh*t out of me. I have a fear of crusing 70 or 80 and the wheels breaks. Not a good thing to happen.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Fast Eddie 2k1 GT said:
Aren't they replicas? I want to keep the front Bullitt wheels but go to 17x9 on rear. But will the replicas match the OEM? Will the center cap from the OEM fit the replicas? The idea of widening my wheels scares the sh*t out of me. I have a fear of crusing 70 or 80 and the wheels breaks. Not a good thing to happen.
Yes,they are replicas. Like them better than the OEM's.
They have a more polished lip on them. :)
They wouldnt match because of the polished lip and a slight(I do mean slight) difference in the grey on the spokes.
I have OEM center caps(part #1R3Z-1130-AA) in my 17x9/17x10.5 replicas.
If I was only wanting 17x9's for the rear I wouldnt have done it this way but I wanted bigger wheels front and back. 315's in the rear look :evil:

Billy

·
Registered
639 Posts
dhg1667 said:
If you live in the great white north then try Weldcraft.com, They are out of Detroit and are much closer to you then Miami. I believe they charger 175 a wheel +shipping. A couple of bullitts on Bullittclub.com had this done here is the link.http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=17589&forum=2&21

When I inquired about this it was $200 for both wheels, donors included (plus shipping). Turn around time could be a couple of weeks depending on the work load.

Hop

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your help guys :)

I will look into it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do a search for a guy that uses the screen name of jeffo.

He is an authorized advertizer on the Corral and he may have what you need.

Hop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts