Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my spark plugs today and all the tips where really white....I just did the headswap and put longtubes on about a month ago now...does the white tips mean the car is leaning out and would this affect the performance of the car???I plan on getting the car dyno tuned next week since the last thing I want is to burn a hole into a piston....my car is a 98 GT by the way with 59000 miles on the odometer

·
Registered
232 Posts
I noticed the same thing. I don't have a headswap, but I do have longtubes. I change to copper plugs about 3 weeks ago and my old plugs were pretty much all white. I am going to pull a plug or two this weekend to check on the new plugs. I am curious as to what is causing it, if its the headers, then I guess I am going to have to pony up and buy a MAFburner....

·
Registered
729 Posts
yes white is lean I howver did the headswap and LT's along with the mid pipe bored the block and added pullies and fordchip and mine are clean as a whistle after 1500 miles are your heads ported you may be making considerably more power than I am and need to up the fuel or go to 24# injectors

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah my heads have been ported by Steen Racing...I am hopefully going to get a dyno tune next week...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts