Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after finishing my heads/cam install, i have had a few problems. the most recent on now is the fact that my car white smokes pretty badly, and i'm not talking about the tires. i understand when you start one up that it should do that on a cold start, but all the time? it also spits water out of the tail pipes all the time. i'm guessing i have a coolant leak or something, but where? thanks alot,
chris

·
Registered
366 Posts
How long ago did you install the heads? When i did mine, I accidently dumped a large amount of coolant down the h-pipe when I pulled the old intake off. Upon start-up it was white smoke like you wouldn't believe. It lasted for a while too. Finally got it running right and took it out for a test drive. It must have blown all the rest of the coolant out the pipes... it hasn't smoked since.

If yours is still doing it after that, for a longer period of time, you could have a blown head gasket. I really hope that is not the case. This is just a guess on my part. Others on this board will know more.
Good Luck

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i just got it running wednesday. i have probably put 100 miles or so on it though. i don't think i have a blown head gasket though because i have not experienced any lose of power or smoking from under the hood.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else?

·
Registered
848 Posts
did you torqe the torqe to yeld head bolts right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts