Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to tune a 351W in a 91 lx 5.0 car. When I get the idle down to a reasonable rpm the TB starts to whistle. Cannot detect any vacuum leaks. I think its the fast air speed by the butterfly and the tb housing. Do I drill the butterfly, or would a idle control spacer help me ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Whistle

I have a Ford motorsport 65mm TB and when I punch the gas it makes a wistle sucking noise. It is just the air being sucked in. I think it sounds kinds cool!

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 70mm Mac TB whistles too. I have a buddy whose does the same thing. No problem that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I too have a whistle. At idle and during acceleration. I assume its the BBK TB.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
mine does a swoosh when i stomp it hard. it sounds sweet :D

i hear some people take and drill a 5/16 or 3/16 hole in theirs to help with idle problems....but i haven't had to, and i have a BBK 70MM.... (just cleaned it yesterday, still working great)

·
Registered
618 Posts
i got one too,at about 2 grand,and a 1/8" hole in a bbk 75.not to bad

·
Registered
125 Posts
THROTTLE BODY WHISTLE...

BBK AND MAC TB HAV AN ANGLE CUT HOLE WHERE THE AIR FROM IDLE BYPASS SOLENOID ATTATCHES. THE AIR MOVING ACROSS THAT ANGLED HOLE WHISTLES. A SIMPLE FIX IS THE SANDWICH IDLE PLATE FROM FORD. THIS WILL CORRECT THE WHISTLE. GOOD LUCK, JASON

·
Registered
82 Posts
anyone have an idle air bypass plate on? I had one and it made the same noise. when I took it off the noise was gone

·
Banned
809 Posts
Just put on a FMS 65mm TB and got the whistle. Thought these were the ones that weren't suppose to whistle. Does it while driving vice parked (under load). Any ideas? Oh yeah, I get a hella "swooop" sound too from the Denscharger:D The CAI didn't whistle with the OEM TB so I doubt that's the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts