Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My water pump gasket seems to be leaking. I am just going to replace the water pump as well since its a used car and I have no idea how long its been in. Any suggestions on which one to get would be great. Also how do i know what direction pump to get. My car is a 89 notchback.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you are lookign for show quality, eblrock (sp?) makes a pollished pump. I am running their non polished version and a 180 degree stat through a Griffin Alum. Radiator. Runs 180-200. I will be trying another stat. If that dosent work I may replace the pump or the radiator.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Pep Boys $44 brand new
Have one on my car now, runs cooler with no other changes

Good Luck
Tim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Show quality really doesnt matter. Im just looking for something that flows better than stock and is also reasonable priced. Did any one hear of XSM for $119. Whats up with that, how much is the edelbrock?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Stewart Components makes one for under 100.00(more like 70.0) thats higher flow and a lot of guys on the Corral run em. Stewartcomponents.com :)

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Edelbrock cast satin runs about $150, polished another $100 on top of that. Call Keith Craft, they have the best printed pricing. FWIW, don't bother with the polished one, the finish sucks bung!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
DZAHER said:
Stewart Components makes one for under 100.00(more like 70.0) thats higher flow and a lot of guys on the Corral run em. Stewartcomponents.com :)
I got the Stewart one and am happy. All Stewart focuses on is cooling which is nice. Good flow and good price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts