Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have used regular ATF and GM Synchromesh in my T-45. The ATF sucks for around town driving but lets you shift at high rpms. I love the GM synchromesh for around town driving but as far as doing the 1-2 shift at 5,000 rpm, forget about it.

What else could I try that might not be so bad and let me do the 1-2 shift at higher rpms?

Maybe I should just go back to regular ATF?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ive tried mobil 1 (grinded 1-2)semi Quaker state atf (grinded 1-2 low rpms fine up top)and reg walmart atf and no grinding just a little hard to get into 2nd when the trans. is cool (on occasion not everytime).

JOEL

·
Registered
788 Posts
Tranny fluid

I'm using Red Line D4 ATF in my T45 equipped 200 GT. Works well for me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah, RL D4 is great, but for hardcore use MTL is a possibility - you can get it in ATF red for stealth use ; Honda makes a fine tranny fluid called Manual Trans Lubricant and it is a life fill.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm using Redline MTL. It works great as long as it's warm outside. When the temps get below 50 degrees, it makes shifting somewhat notchy. I think that for now on, I'm going to use the MTL in the summer and the D4 in the winter.

·
Registered
144 Posts
AMSOIL Synthetic Mercon/Dexron..........Your Mustang will puke if you put anything Honda in it.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts