Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new crossmember (already on the car), a ford racing adjustable double hump one from Summit (FMS-M5059A) that fits both 2&3/4 and 4&1/2 mounting dimensions. It fits my stock aod fine, but will it fit a C-4 that I'm getting? Thanks if anyone knows this.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
just trim the welds off the stock one so that it can move back and forth and that will work thats what i did when i used to have a c4 in my car try that and see if it works

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would do that but I don't have the stock one on anymore (not even sure where it is).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought an adjustable one from Holcomb motorsports. I think it was $50 or less. Pretty much a stock crossmember with no welds.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I bought an AOD crossmember when I put a C4 in and it didn't fit(it did fit upside down though). I ground the welds down and had my uncle weld it.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
crossmember

scott88, the ford racing cross member you have is the same as the stock one except it comes without the tubes welded. Slide the tubes all the way forward for the C4, in the middle for T5, and all the way back for the aod. Make sure you tack weld them in place to finish the install. Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts