Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought the 2.5" ones from Steeda (made by ARP) because they are a little shorter and will fit under most center caps. Also, they have a speed start tip that helps prevent cross threading. You will have to drill the front hubs though. But, if you want them all to look the same........ I got mine from Joe Charles at Parkway Ford (888-FORD SVT). Give him a call, he will hook you up.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Axles

Hey bud, you don't have to pull the axles to put the studs in. Use washers, a lugnut, and an impact to press them in. If you are having clearance problems with the ABS exciter ring, grind down the edge of each stud so that the round portion has a flat spot to slide over the ring. I've done this about 5 times and have never pulled the axles.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Nate, ill try that. My only real concern was knocking the old ones out w/o hitting the ABS exciter ring. Do you have any tips for that?

I also looked in Summits catalog and I couldnt find any .615 knurl 3" ARP studs. The only ones I found were the Moroso. Are morosos' just as good? Where can I find ARP in .615?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
IMO, ARP are the best. But Moroso makes a great hardened racing stud, that is said to exceed 175,000 psi. or some high number like that.

MOR-46180 - $9.95 per pack of 5
Material Steel
Finish Cadmium Plated
Length 3 in.
Diameter 1/2 in.

Or you can get the ARP studs and massage the axle for the press in of the extra .003" knurl.

ARP-100-7707 - $55.95 per pack of 5
Material Chromemoly Steel
Finish Anodized Gold
Length 3 in.
Diameter 1/2-20

These are the ones I use...

good luck,
joe

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wait a minute...

I just replaced my Moroso studs from last year over to the ARP studs.

I only paid $21.00 for all 10 on the rear. They were screw-in kind for Moser Axles. Easy to put in once the axles were pulled out. Just screw them in like a long bolt. Simple!

If you have Moser Axles, you need screw-in kind not the press-in kind like in the picture or the ones you got on the fronts.

Don't get it twisted... LOL, inside joke!:D

Later, Jason

·
Registered
684 Posts
Summit.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Well, that might be the difference there, I have Superior Axles, and I have the APR press-in studs all the way around.

joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Directly off of Steeda's website-

"Studs feature a 0.625" knurl, making them a direct fit into 1979-2002 rear axles and 1979-1993 front rotors. 1994-2002 front hubs must be slightly enlarged with a 39/64" drill bit. This can be done easily with a hand drill."

I'm shopping for studs for a stock SN-95 axle, and I'm getting mixed messages from my search.

What fits without any "massaging" of the axle flange?

.625" or .615"??

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
My mosers used the press in studs. I got my studs from Moser with my axles. I know they are press in because the very first time I tried to remove the wheels I gaulded one. I have since replaced the Moser supplied 3 inch studs with the Morosos.

Ed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts