Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure which springs to get my car is mostly street driven want an nice drop to get rid of the 4x4 look also good ride quality would Eibach Pro-Kit or the H&Rbe the best Im looking for atleast a 1.5 or more drop also which shock an strut combo would be best. Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got the C-Spring's with the rear's cut one coil and it dropped mine about 2", I am using KYB shocks and struts and the ride is alright but was told that the ride would improve with some Tokico(sp) struts.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have H&R Sport springs and Koni Sports (Yellows). I am very satisfied with the ride with the shocks and struts on full soft. The Sports lower ~1.5" front and rear. H&R Super Sports would lower a little more. Maybe try www.maximummotorsports.com for lowering specs.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Code001 said:
Eibach is known to sag. H&R are the best out there.

-Code
I know this first hand. I had Eibach race springs (light blue ones) when I bought the car. It was too low and only got worse with sag.

I switched to the H&R Race spings (Red springs) with Bilstein HD (maybe called sports now) dampners. I didnt get the ones that MM has with their special valving. I could double check the exact model number but you might want to call MM and ask them for their advice or get with a good race shop that sets cars up and ask them.

I could not say enough to the quality of this setup. Not too stiff and nice drop. AMAZING handling performance. I got the MM caster camber plates and setup with 1 1/2 negative camber. Even tire wear with agressive street driving.

front 1-1.75/rear 0.75-1.25
Front 750-850/ Rear 260-280

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey, I just noticed you were the one who pm'd me. You can check out what my drop looks like if you want. Just let me know. Maybe we can hook up and check out the dragstrip here in Lakeland or other strip somewhere around me or you. You probably know this but lowering doesnt do anything for optimizing weight transfer for drag racing. But it sure does pay off in the handling.:D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Steeda sports.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts