Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, well theres a lot of debate looking online through various forums and half of it never gets a real answer.

My question is, with a turbocharged 302 what should i run?

The options-
Standard volume/Standard Pressure
Standard Volume/High Pressure
High Volume/Standard Pressure
High Volume/High Pressure

Also, when is an aftermarket pan a must? I would love to get one but funds are tight on this build so is it a must have item?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the question is, will it pump enough oil to feed the engine and the turbo effectively?

I'm pretty certain i want a standard pressure pump but i cant decide if i want a high or standard volume pump and if i need a larger oil pan or not

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i would go with a melling select oil pump its a standard pump but will provide additional oil flow compared to the stock one. i would also pick up a canton oil pan while your at it the pump is around 50 dollars..

·
Registered
262 Posts
you want the stand. vol./high press. pump, 7qt pan will be nice if not stock oil pan fine just need to weld some baffle on the back.

·
Registered
963 Posts
i would go with a melling select oil pump its a standard pump but will provide additional oil flow compared to the stock one. i would also pick up a canton oil pan while your at it the pump is around 50 dollars..
Whats the difference from a Melling select and a normal melling?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Standard pump and pressure. If you put to much pressure to the turbo it can blow the seals out. And turbos are gravity discharge so no need anything but a standard pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts