Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started installing my BBK longtubes tongiht...
Should the O2 sensor wires be extended on the O2 wire or the harness from the car? I've heard to extend the harness, but the actual O2 wire looks so much easier. ;) Which way did you do it? Any negative consequences of taking the easy route?
thanks, Ben

·
Registered
276 Posts
I didn't have to extend my o2 sensor wires, but I did have to reroute them. That was on my 90 GT.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is on my '95 Gt. I'm positive the wires need to be extended and I'm trying to avoid buying the extenders Brother's Performance sells bc I'm cheap... ;)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
just extend the o2 pigtails if you want it easy....it really doesn't matter which end you extend, but if you did the harness end it would keep you from having to solder every set of o2's you get :)

·
USAF retired
9,199 Posts
When I put my long tubes in all I did was take apart the harness that has the O2s leads in it. I think the O2 lead for the drivers side goes under the front of the engine. I pulled that lead out and now both leads are by themselves but taped together, and they go straight from under the airbox where they connect to a wiring harness to the O2s.
I hope this makes sense

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts