Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be shooting for 12s on the stock long block this yr. most of my friends are building some nasty lil small blocks so i need to hang with them so i figured nitrous will be my best bet. im sure i want a NX kit but should i go dry or wet what are the pros and cons of each? what autolite plug should i run?, and does the NX kit bump your fuel pressure up when the noid is activated?

·
Registered
539 Posts
NOS and Zex are dry. NX is wet. Get the NX wet kit. I went from a 13.48 N/A (on 10* timing for the nitrous) to an 11.87 on an NX 150 shot. This was on a stock longblock except a Bennett cam and an AOD car. With the stock cam, I went 12.35 @ 98mph on the brakes after I ran out of gear with the 4.10s. Now I run 3.73s.

With an intake, exhaust, gears, and NX kit on a stock longblock you should go low 12s easy. I had a few more minor mods, but nothing major (MAF, TB, MSD, SFCs, pulleys).

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
FullAuto, that is impressive, just running low 13's on an AOD car, let alone running 11's.
As for the low twelves on the NX kit, yep, he's right, that is easy to do. My R/S car is a stock style short block, ported stock heads, TFS street intake, throttle body, mass air, etc, but with a 150 shot it went a 10.90 on the brakes at the 1000 foot mark, because the back side of the track is so short, I didn't want to end up in the sand(it runs in the low twelves off bottle).
With the wet kit, you want a window switch, low fuel pressure cut off switch, and maybe a purge and bottle warmer. I also like to use the MSD digital 6 because the nitrous retard is easy to program and makes turning on the nitrous as easy as the flip of a switch.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeai had planned on using a digital 6 but what exactly is the window switch and what does it do? is this kit fairly easy to install?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i found out what a window switch is but i plan on bringin my car out around 5 grand so how would i set the switch???

·
Registered
238 Posts
What kind of rear end do you have in your car? Axles/gears/differential/subframeconnectors are all a must for that high of RPMs on nitrous launch. On the onn chip inlet put a 5000rpm and what ever you shift at. Take me for example. I am going to come out the hole on nitrous with the automatic i will put it at 3000-6500 some it stays on the hole time. E-mail me if you have any questions that you dont know about. Also what are you running on motor? If you run low 13's know N/A then you should have no problums running high 11's to 12 ohs all day long.

CJ

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have richmond 373s stock axles and diff. and i have bbk subframes. well ive gone a best of 14.0 @100 with 2.2 60s and babying it out of the bottom.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
If you come out with a 5000 rpm blast on the juice, you will have to do more than baby it, you will be mopping up if it looses traction.
A window switch protects from overrevving or allowing the juice to stay on if the engine bogs below the safe usable rpm. I run 3000 to 6000 chip window in my black car currently, but I believe I will need a 6500 chip pretty soon. I don't want the nitrous to shut down on the top end when I start running faster.
As for the Digital six, it has a wire for the retard that goes to the positive side of your solenoid, when the nitrous is activated, it looses its ground and activates the retard feature.
As for the launch, you can use the 6's two step, where you have a button hooked up to the launch rpm wire, and set it to your 5,000 rpm's, then you just push the gas pedal down and hold it just off the nitrous full throttle switch until you launch, then pop the clutch and floor it at the same time. I hooked my relay ground to a normally closed switch on my clutch pedal, that way I can floor it with the clutch pressed in, and the two step will hold the rpms. Then all you have to do is let go of the clutch pedal and the two step button. The nitrous will come on when the clutch pedal is lifted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts